FC Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has been officially announced today as an adidas ambassador. Formerly a cultured defensive midfielder for FC Barcelona and Spain, Guardiola is now undoubtedly one of the best managers in the game and over the course of his career he has become one of the most decorated names in football.
As part of his new ambassadorial role, Guardiola will become the face of this season’s adidas UEFA Champions League campaign, Gamedayplus, which will run for the entirety of the forthcoming European season. Guardiola has won the UEFA Champions League once as a player and twice as a manager and has recently joined the reigning UEFA Champions League holders FC Bayern Munich. Further details on Gamedayplus will be announced in the coming weeks.
Upon signing with adidas, Pep Guardiola said: “It is with great pride that I have signed with adidas as one of their ambassadors. adidas have an amazing heritage but at the same time they are also proud to be at the cutting edge of football and these are two qualities that I really admire. I’m looking forward to fronting their forthcoming UEFA Champions League campaign and fans can look forward to a further announcement in the next few weeks.”
- With Mario Gomez Out, Is Robert Lewandowski Set To Join FC Bayern Munich In 2014? (theinscribermag.com)
- Bayern win again under Guardiola (bbc.co.uk)
- Jose Mourinho vs Pep Guardiola : Chapter 2 (12thplayersview.wordpress.com)
- Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund: Nit-pick if you want, they’re perfect through two rounds (prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com)
- Rummenigge praises energetic Guardiola (soccerway.com)
- adidas expects to achieve new record sales of € 2 billion in football in 2014 (sportsbusiness.mlblogs.com)
- Guardiola confirms Goetze will travel to Frankfurt (soccerway.com)
- Highlights: Bayern Munich 2-0 FC Barcelona (barcablaugranes.com)
- FC Barcelona: It’s Time To Move On From Pep Guardiola (barcablaugranes.com)
- Pep Guardiola, the New adidas Ambassador: Even Coaches Make the Switch! (karllusbec.wordpress.com)