Imtech will fulfil its commitment as naming rights partner for the home stadium of German Bundesliga football club Hamburg SV following a meeting between the company, the club and its commercial rights partner Sportfive, according to the Bild newspaper.
The meeting was held after Dutch technical services provider Imtech announced in June its intention to withdraw from its sponsorship commitments in German football.
Hamburg’s 57,000-seat home has been known as the Imtech Arena since 2010. Imtech’s current deal with Hamburg is reportedly worth €4.2m ($5.6m) per season and is scheduled to run until 2016, but Imtech had been seeking to negotiate an early conclusion to the partnership.
However, Hamburg board member Joachim Hilke said Imtech has agreed to fulfil its obligations.
“Imtech has confirmed that all contractual agreements are fully respected,” Hilke said.
- Imtech to honour Hamburg naming rights deal (sportsbusiness.mlblogs.com)
- Arsenal’s Johan Djourou completes Hamburg loan switch (thesun.co.uk)
- Rafael Van der Vaart: ‘Anything possible at Hamburger SV’ (sportsmole.co.uk)
- Hamburg complete loan deal for Arsenal’s Djourou (espnfc.com)
- The Unlimited banks Titans naming rights (sportsbusiness.mlblogs.com)
- Hamburg 1-1 Inter: Honours even at the Imtech Arena http://t.co/9nJt2jVEJE” (steaad74.wordpress.com)
- Schalke and Hamburg Play Out Entertaining 3-3 Bundesliga Draw (insidefutbol.com)
- Verona sign Sala (soccerway.com)
- Imtech Marine Canada Awarded Its First Subcontract Under The National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (blogs.ottawacitizen.com)
- Imtech Marine Canada Takes Part in NSPS Program (worldmaritimenews.com)