FORT WAYNE COMMISSIONS YOUTH SPORTS STUDY
Fort Wayne has selected Maryland-based Aquarius Sports and Entertainment to conduct a study on the city’s outh sports marketing efforts. The report will also exaime the community’s existing sports facilities and future needs.
Fort Wayne, Ind. — Mayor Tom Henry today announced that Aquarius Sports and Entertainment has been chosen to conduct a Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential study for Fort Wayne as part of the Legacy Fort Wayne initiative.
Twelve proposals were submitted after a request for proposals was issued by the City of Fort Wayne on February 25th. Committee members from the City’s Parks & Recreation Department, Planning and Policy department, Visit Fort Wayne and community leaders reviewed the proposals and determined the top four firms. The contenders were interviewed and the final selection was made on April 26th.
The community assessment will include an inventory of all existing public and private sports facilities, an evaluation of community needs, and an analysis of current youth sports marketing efforts. The market potential aspect of the study will evaluate national and regional youth/prep sports trends and markets, as well as possible opportunities for Fort Wayne. It will also include recommendations for future sports facility needs and ways to expand existing sports marketing efforts.
It is anticipated that the Study will kick off in June once the contract has been approved by the Park Board and Common Council and be completed by the end of the year.
The Legacy Fort Wayne Fund was created by proceeds from the sale of the City Light Utility to Indiana Michigan Power and its funds are to be used to create transformational change in the community. Members of the Youth Sports Community Assessment and Market Potential Study Committee are: Al Moll, Sherese Fortriede, Dan O’Connell, Phil Houk, Debra Williams, Tom Didier, Mike Nutter, Perry Ehresman and Steve McDaniel.
Source: City of Fort Wayne
- City discusses future of youth sports (wane.com)
- Baseball complex hopes for upgrades (wane.com)
- Burlington opening new Fort Wayne store (wane.com)
- .NET Users of Fort Wayne – August 21 (davefancher.com)
- Day 14: Van Wert to Fort Wayne, IN (freeaswelleverbebike.wordpress.com)
- Radiation Oncology Associates, PC, Welcomes Radiation Oncologist Dr. Wesley Russell to the Practice (prweb.com)
- Indiana (randomthoughtsfromaninfojunkie.wordpress.com)
- ‘Armed and dangerous’ man believed to have fled to Michigan, FBI offering reward in his capture (mlive.com)
- Music Fest at Historic Fort Wayne (wxyz.com)
- Job Opportunity: Marketing & Communications Specialist with the YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne (pcnrc.org)